Advice for Printing Material on this Web Site
I created these pages using Netscape Communicator, which has a default font of Times New Roman, 12 point. I also use a 17 inch monitor and 24 bit color, and the screen size set to 800X600 pixels. Therefore, if you use a browser other than Netscape, have your font set differently, have a monitor that is smaller or larger than mine or have your screen size set to more or less than 800X600 pixels, you will not see these pages the way they were intended to be viewed.
If you would prefer to see my pages in a different font, or to increase or decrease the font size, you may change them. I am not certain if all browsers support such changes, but I do know that Netscape does and this is how you do it:
This is a very useful tool if you desire to print any of my material. As you are probably aware, and may even have experienced, some of the book chapters are exceeding long and consume a lot of paper and toner when printed. You can decrease these expenditures by temporarily changing your browser's default to a smaller font size. Try Times New Roman at 10 points. (You can decrease the font to 8 point but this might be a mite too small and hard on the eyes.) This will save a lot of paper and not be a strain on your eyes. Although very suitable for printing my work, you might not find it so for normal viewing, so don't forget to reset the default back to what it was.
- If you use Netscape Communicator 4.0 and later versions (and probably Netscape Navigator 4.0 and later versions):
- Click on Edit, Preferences, Appearances, Fonts.
- Change the Font and Size of the Proportional Font as you prefer. (Remember what the font size was before you changed it so you can reset it when you are finished printing.)
- Select "Use my default font, overriding document specified fonts."
- Click on OK.
- If you are using an earlier version of Netscape:
- Select Options, General Preferences, Fonts.
- Opposite Use of Proportional Fonts, click on Choose Font.
- Change the Font and Size as you prefer, then click on OK.
- Click on OK again.